Challenge and analysis
“Ibis, music lives here” was conducted by ibis hotels in Poland. The Campaign was dedicated to the young audience aged 20-30+ of the ibis family hotels. In Poland we have 6 million Millennials declaring on Facebook their interest in music and concerts in their free time- we decided to grab this opportunity! Since music & entertainment has been selected the pillars of the brands, the ibis family hotels referred in its campaign to the long history connecting hotels and music. Many hit songs, such as “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones, or “Smoke on the water” by Deep Purple, or the Eagles’ “Hotel California” were created during hotel stays. Hotels provide a space of comfort and inspiration whereas music builds up the vibes that create the experience going far beyond accommodation.
The main objective of the project is to give our hotels a more youthful image and address new and younger groups of guests, the ones who are looking for places in hotels that offer the opportunity to experience memorable and fun-filled moments as well as those who value their freedom, and demonstrate modern and friendly attitudes. The concept of the campaign “ibis. Music lives here” derives from popular TV talent shows, such as “The Voice”, in which the unknown but highly talented artists performed, both solo singers and bands.
- Rejuvenate the brand image and deepen experience with our brands
- Reach the target group of Millennials thanks to communication and content that they are easily absorb.
- Boost visibility of ibis family brands by focusing on online & social media channels in own, earned and shared media
- Support musical talents and create the opportunity to advance a musical career
- Increase experience & engagement of ibis family hotels guests
Communication primarily focused on the Internet and social media. The content was produced to be attractive, engaging and easily shareable.
- Contest – We created a special platform: https://ibis.com/tumieszkamuzyka , where artists uploaded their songs. After online voting, the best 30 were selected and then the ambassador of the project – SARSA, chose the top 5, who were invited to the hotel recording studio in the ibis hotels in Warsaw. These included the Birches band, the Redford band as well as the vocalists Patrycja Roszczyk, Maria Bedynska and Pawel Danielak. The songs recorded in the studio were released as a limited edition album. The tunes will also be available via the music system ‘Jukebox by Deezer throughout ibis family hotels in Eastern Europe.
Teaser in social media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TKIcQ3Dmfo
- The first in the history hotel recording studio – a special recording studio was set up at the Ibis Warszawa Ostrobramska hotel, being the first one of this kind in Poland, and presumably the first in the world, too.
- Ambasador – Sarsa, a famous Polish artist gifted with a magnificent voice and recognized by her distinctive image endorsed the campaign. She entered the music scene by taking part in a variety of music competitions and succeeding in one of them. She is being widely followed in her social media: Facebook (190 000 fans), Instagram (123 000 followers), and YouTube (208 000 subscribers).
- Final concert – the ibis Warszawa Centrum hotel hosted the project’s final concert. Sarsa, and the competing artists infused the hotel with wonderful music and a fabulous atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiQms-84aas
PR- press office, meetings with journalists in the studio. In over 60 ibis family hotels in the CEE region, the campaign was televised on flat screens. 2 press briefings followed.
- Over the four months, the campaign reached almost 11 million people
- 300 competition applications
- 60 000 thousand votes given (mostly under 30 years old)
- Nearly 150 publications appeared on the radio, in press and via the Internet
- Earned media reach: 7.3 million, social media: 2.7 million
- Special album released on market with winners songs
- Video from the final concert 650 000 screenings within 2 weeks
Organic traffic 786 posts, that is over 82% of publications in social media