Challenge and analysis
The Wings for Life Foundation is a private, non-profit organization whose main goal is to find a method of treatment of the people with injury spinal cord. The Foundation supports medical research and clinical tests in this field around the world.
The Agency provided communication support during the first two editions of the global run „Wings for Life Wolrd Run”.
- Adjusting the global nature of the event into the Polish reality, the media and society
- Obtaining the effect of a local event
- Getting adequate turnout (collecting the highest possible amount of money for research on a injury spinal cord)
- Broad education about the problem of treating a injury spinal cord
A strategy based on the “Grass growing” principle. Activities around the project have been divided into stages:
Stage I – pre-event activities:
- Organizing a press conference before the race – Poland was the only country where the communication started with a conference
- Giving the event a local character thanks to the close cooperation with experts and ambassadors
- Diversification of messages according to the subject and type of media
- Second press briefing
Activities in the second stage were aimed at the consistent increase of publications informing about the event and focused on the question of the injured spinal cord.
- Preparation of media patronage and media relations strategy
- Acquiring ambassadors and friends for cooperation, including Agnieszka Więdłocha, Monika Kuszyńska and Jerzy Skarżyński
- Organization of two press conferences
- Roadshow in key publishing houses
- Press office during the marathon – 3 people dedicated for the project
- Sending 21 press releases concerning education, event, new editions of the project
- 32 million of reach in the media: press, TV, radio
- 8 303 342 AVE
- 1 227 publications in 421 different media
- In just 2016, we managed to collect as much as 6.6 million euros! The amount was given to the research on the treatment of a damaged spinal cord.